To assist with the economic recovery from COVID-19, the Australian Government has provided an additional $2.7 billion to support employers who engage a new Australian Apprentice or Trainee.
Through the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy, your business can receive a subsidy of 50% on the wages of each eligible employee – to a maximum of $28,000 over the first 12 months.
This includes apprentices, trainees and new employees who have commenced with your business in the last two months.
At Kestrel, not only can we provide all the support you need to take on a new employee, but we can also help you navigate the Australian Government wage subsidy.
The Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy is available until 31 March 2022.
Is my business eligible?
Your business or Group Training Organisation may be eligible if:
- You engage an Australian Apprentice or Trainee between 5 October 2020 and 31 March 2022, and
- Your Australian Apprentice or trainee is undertaking a Certificate II or higher qualification, and has a training contract that is formally approved by the relevant state training authority
- New employees who have commenced in the last two months may also be eligible – contact Kestrel for assistance with this
How much is the subsidy?
- The 50% wage subsidy is available at a maximum of $7,000 per quarter per eligible Australian apprentice, trainee or employee
- The subsidy is open to employers of any size or industry, Australia-wide, who sign up an Australian apprentice, trainee before 31 March 2022
- Final claims for payment must be lodged by 30th June 2023
- Payments are made quarterly in arrears
Learn more about the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy by contacting Kestrel on 1300 337 870